fot

Re: Virii ... scanning for & deleting

To: Guyots3@wmconnect.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Virii ... scanning for & deleting
From: thomas strange <tstrange@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 21:20:33 -0800 (PST)
My IT person, just recommended using the virus scanner at trend.com ... he
thinks it is about the most up to date right now.  I also see tonight that
Mcaffee has a new scan / block for these now.
  Good luck...
Tom

Guyots3@wmconnect.com wrote:
owner-fot-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> In a message dated 3/4/2004 6:36:08 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> jaboruch@adelphia.net writes:
>
> > I have been receiving emails with attachements for the last few days,
> > especially today, that look to be infected, from people that I do not
> > know. I, of course do not open them and delete them immediately.
>
> Sigh....
>
> Within the last couple weeks, there have been three major new viruses and
> several additional variants of each. It's gotten so bad that, from what I
> read,
> these little hooligans who create these are actually warring with each other,
> with comments buried within each virus about how weak the other viruses are.
>
> Maybe it's time to dig out the old Royal manual typewriter.... :-)
>
> - --Andy Mace

These viruses are particularly virulent, and my wife's computer got so badly
infected that she has had to reformat her hard drive. A friend's computer
suffered the same fate and this one now takes about 10 attempts to reboot, I
feel
a reformatting coming on...
We have not been opening attachments, and we all had Mc.Afee installed.
I recommend AVG from Grisoft.com, updated at least every 2 days.

Whatever lowlife is doing this should be caught, treated as terrorists and
sent to Iraq instead of those unfortunate guys/gals of ours who are out there
dealing with what they have to day-in, day-out!

mutter, mutter.

Leon