fot

Cool CD set

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Cool CD set
From: Dave Riddle <dave@microworks.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 09:51:05 -0700
I bought one of these sets and wanted to let the rest of you know in case
someone else wants one. My showed up in the mail a couple of days ago and I
finally got around to looking at some of the issues last night. Very Cool.
The first CD in the set includes a full index of all the issues.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2788281489&category=2875&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWN%3AIT&rd=1

Lots and lots of Triumph racing news and pictures in those issues. For
example in Volume 8, Issue 20, Page 3 (August 23-30, 1963) is the following
report.
-----------
Kastner Named to TR Position
R.W. (Kas) Kastner has been appointed competition manager of
Standard-Triumph Motor Co., Inc. it was announced last week by C. E.
Andrews, president of the import firm.
Kastner joined Triumph in 1960 as a service supervisor after two years with
Cal Sales, Inc. in a similar capacity.
As a competitor, "Kas" won the Class E Western division championship in
1959 and placed 3rd in 1960, though he raced only half of that year.
He was responsible for preparation of the TR4 team of three cars which was
the only team entry to finish intact (one, two, four) in class in this
years Sebring 12hr. endurance grind.
Kastner, a native New Yorker lives in Manhattan Beach, Calf. He is married
and the father of two children.