fot

Re: Sort of an LBC question... but not exactly...

To: johnkipping@inet.net.nz, vinttr4@geneseo.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sort of an LBC question... but not exactly...
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 20:43:13 EST
In a message dated 3/14/04 11:45:30 AM Pacific Standard Time,
johnkipping@inet.net.nz writes:

<< The other trick in the UK is to artificially lower a speed limit (all in
the name of road safety) and stick up cash machines. >>

This reminds me of the Dukes of Hazard TV show, that use to be shown in the
US.  Boss Hog of Hazard County would have Deputy Sheriff Roscoe turning speed
limit signs around with a lower speed printed of the back of the sign.  Boss
Hog would be in his office chinking up the money with his one armed bandit
mechanical cash register.

Our middle daughter, Janis has been working in London since 1994.  She bought
an old dilapidated Honda from an Indian.  Maybe it wouldn't go fast enough to
get a ticket.  The car is now in a junk yard, so she shouldn't have any
trouble until she replaces it.

We saw the Kiefer Sutherland IMAX NASCAR show today, which is the closest to
real life show that I ever saw.