fot

Re: Carlisle in May

To: N197TR4@cs.com
Subject: Re: Carlisle in May
From: "SHANE Ingate" <hottr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 10:43:47 -0500
>Mike, I assume that you are going to be at Carlisle.
>Who else in the the 'non' ranks of the FoT?

I'll be there.

The Carlisle Import and Kit Car show is a great deal.  I've found all
sorts of good stuff there.

2 years ago I attended the Sports Compact show (because I have a
hot-rodded CRX and Civic for daily use). I was hoping that I would
find the same sort of camraderie that goes with other "old guy" car
shows, but the young kids either ignored me, or were downright rude.
I think that what some of these kids do is amazing, and have captured
the intent of hot-rodding, but not the spirit.  Maybe my questions and
comments to the kids were too technical, and the ones that ignored me
were probably show-and-shine types.

On the other hand, I do hang out with a couple of young kids, and
they help me wrench or advise on my Hondas.  Great guys!

Shane Ingate, Carlisle "regular", in Maryland

Find a broadband plan that fits. Great local deals on high-speed Internet
access. http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200360ave/direct/01/