fot

RE: track hazard

To: "'WEmery7451@aol.com '" <WEmery7451@aol.com>,
Subject: RE: track hazard
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 00:09:53 -0700
I got hit by a bug the size of a hen's egg at PIR. I saw it coming from
hundreds of feet away. It just got bigger and bigger, zigged and zagged and
finally nailed my shield dead center. Felt like someone hit me with one of
those nasty rocks the open wheel cars launch at you.

The jury is still out on the coaxial clutch release. Seems like once it's
dialed in it will be hands off, but having just pulled my engine and
transmission to fix the problem from last week I'm feeling a little testy
about it. One of the hoses was leaking--I didn't make up the fitting
properly I guess. It looked like I didn't press the ferrule down far enough
onto the teflon inner hose. the braid was a little cocked. I should have
tested all of them before assembling. But I also think the unit got
over-extended and blew brake fluid on the clutch. that was certainly the
source of the slipping. I tested and all the fittings and redid any that
looked marginal. then I shimmed the unit closer to the diaphragm spring. I
think once I have the pedal stop adjusted it might all be fine. But if I
have to pull it again I'm going back to an external slave cylinder.