fot

rockers and pushrods

To: "'Fot '" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: rockers and pushrods
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 11:31:22 -0700
I stuck a rocker on the shaft this weekend and bent a pushrod. For some
reason when my engine was rebuilt the guys used the spring spacers instead
of the solid one I had. Don't know why. they uysed nice aluminum blocks,
hard shims to keep the rockers from digging in, and ARP bolts, but they also
used the springs.

Anyway, I need a set of crome molly pushrods (or whatever anyone else has
come up with that's better). I've got two sets of them but they are too
short (they're 10"), I need about 10.5" (my head hasn't been milled much).

And I need a set of spacers, or perhaps something better than bushed rocker
arms. What's the hot setup and who sells it.