fot

Re: NHIS

To: "Robert Dardano" <19to1tr6@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: NHIS
From: "jaboruch" <jaboruch@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 22:42:04 -0400
It was dry while I was there, but then again I went home early.
Saturday in the 1st qualifying session, I ran very well, as a matter
of fact turned my fastest lap ever there with a 1:17.8.  In the second
qualifying session, the water temp started fluctuating high and low,
just like a cracked head or a gasket leak.  Being that I had only
retorqued the head once, I decided to try torqueing it cold and trying
it again on Sunday.  Sunday AM for the warm up the temp started
fluctuating again, but then the ring gear broke going up the hill from
turn 3.  That's the second time I have broken a ring and pinion at
NHIS.  The 1st time I new that I had a hard down shift, but this time
I had no such issue (this axle did get hit a couple years ago when
Duane's P1800 came back into me at LRP, so maybe that weakened it).
Going up the hill, it just started clunking and that was that.  I had
a spare axle set up with me, but between that and the head, I just did
not have time to fix it all.

Anyone know where I can get a 4.3 ring and pinion?

I am going to try to get it together for the SCCA National in June at
Lime Rock.  Joe(B)