fot

Re: Pinewood Derby at the Gold Cup

To: Don Marshall <marshall@nefcom.net>
Subject: Re: Pinewood Derby at the Gold Cup
From: Mike Jackson <grandwazoo@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 14:10:58 -0400
Years ago such an event was part of the Walter Mitty.  It, and many Boy
Scout sponsored events had classes for both Scouts and adults.  There were
tons of adult built cars and some of them were just spectacular and had
obviously enjoyed the benefit of body/paint guys with great skills.

It would be nice if the entries were legal.  But then, we are talking about
vintage racers and most vintage events have pretty loose rules.

My car is being built to BSA rules as I understand them from the booklet I
purchased from a local BSA store.