fot

Re: TR6 upright, now brakes and overheating

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 upright, now brakes and overheating
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 19:09:54 -0500
On brakes: we've had good luck with Carbotech Panther Plus pads.  They are
rotor friendly, don't take much warmup, and seem to work well for vintage
racing.

I'm looking forward to trying the new front axles at Road America in a week
and a half.  I'm very grateful that Mark went to the time and expense to
engineer these superior parts.

On cooling: We've stuck the smallest size stock car aluminum radiator you
can buy in the front of our TR-4's and completely solved the cooling
problems.  It takes some bracket creation and re-engineering of the
plumbing from the engine to the radiator, but is well worth it.  I just got
one of these radiators for $166 delivered to my door.

Tony Drews