fot

big & little brgs

To: FOT LIST <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: big & little brgs
From: greg <gtlund@cyberspeedway.net>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 21:54:06 -0700
       I have heard rumors of more than a few races won by some top
level Spits in SCCA years ago which ran strokers made from offset
grinding a large journal crank - had to keep up with the Datsun
Roadsters with the 2L cranks in the 1600 push rod.
        Seriously, one of the problems with the Ford Cleveland was the
giant economy size bearings. Pontiac also suffered from the more is not
better syndrome. Today a lot of the Cup cars run a Honda sized rod
bearing which is I believe about 1.88" diameter. The old Chevy standard
was 2.00".
Greg Lund