fot

Re: 4.1 TR Gears

To: Rikrock@aol.com
Subject: Re: 4.1 TR Gears
From: "SHANE Ingate" <hottr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 08:44:14 -0400
Rich Rock asked:

>I seem to remember someone was making new sets of these ring and pinion
>gears a while ago.  Anyone know if  they are still available?

I recently picked up a new set from Quantum Mechanics
(http://quantumechanics.com/).

I was concerned that some of the new sets offered by the Big 3 were made in
the East,
but these units from John Esposito seem to pass the initial hardness test
(i.e., a file).
I have no data on how well they will hold up.

Also, FWIW, I always safety wire the ring gears.  I have sunk a lot of money
into
my diff (with Salisbury LSD), and don't want any wayward parts kicking
around in there.

Shane Ingate, usually in Maryland, but now on travel.

PS Progress on "Rags": Picked up an aluminum Surrey top which looks like it
was
made for the TR6, and gives it a Z06 "look".  Now I can work on the roll
cage such
that it will fit under both Surrey and factory steel hardtops.

MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page  FREE