fot

catch tank (commercial)

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: catch tank (commercial)
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 07:46:56 -0500
For six years I have used an engine catch tank made of an old paint can
mounted on my firewall, camouflaged with black paint to make it invisible.
I  thought it was a step up in sophistication from the commonly used
windshield washer bottles which seem even more hideous than my paint can.

No more, baby. I had a really decent one made -- aluminum, tig welded,
short enough to actually fit under the hood, breather on top, drain fitting
in the bottom, and stubs for attaching a hose from the rocker cover and one
from the crankcase breather.

I know all my friends will now stop giggling and pointing at my old eyesore
catch tank and will sinfully covet my shiny new one, so if you beg,
wheedle, cajole, and maybe grovel a little bit, I'll have it reproduced for
you. Going high class ain't cheap, though, at $125. Or, if you just want to
guffaw at this as another example uncle jack's engineering overkill, that's
okay too. Please be aware, though, that this item should not reside in
really ugly engine compartments, so we may form a Board of Review for
applications for ownership.

See it at

http://www.tonydrews.com/Jack_Parts.htm

uncle jack