fot

Re: Roll bar material

To: "Chuck Arnold" <chuck.arnold@oracle.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Roll bar material
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 18:23:56 -0500
If you can get hold of the rulebook for whatever you intend to run, they
should have the specs for "appropriate material".

In SCCA, for example (2004 books), you 'll find those specs on Page 149 of
the GCR (Section 18) or page 233 of the National Solo Rules (Appendix C).
They are not exactly alike -- if you might someday do both, build to the
roadrace specs.

Where to get it? Try a car prep shop. They probably already have the
material or know where to get it, and have the machines and talent to build
what you need. Take your rulebook as well as the car and they'll build to
your rules. Doesn't have to be a sports car place. I've had good work done
in the rollcage area by places that primarily cater to stock cars and sprint
cars as well as a sportscar prep shop (the stock and sprint shops were
local, my nearest sportscar prep is 120 miles away).

--Rocky Entriken