fot

RE: [Fwd: Triumph Search]

To: "Mike Jackson" <grandwazoo@earthlink.net>,
Subject: RE: [Fwd: Triumph Search]
From: "Brad Eells" <bradlnss@lightspeed.net>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 20:33:11 -0700
I can't speak specifically about TR4 prices but I do know the base price of
a TR4A (non IRS) was $2850 in January 1965. By the time 'options' like a
heater and demisters, radial tyres, a radio and the like were installed the
average sale price would rise to over $3500.

I would think a price of $3000 for a new TR4 would be near to standard...

My $.02...

Brad

<<When I bought the car the Oklahoma registration/title
had an original manufacturers' "sale" price on it that
was something like 2-3 times the "normal" title price
of a standard street TR4. (A tag office employee
looked it up for me).

I don't remember the figures exactly but I believe the
cost was down as something in the area of $3,000.00+
while the std TR4 was $1,500.00 less.  In Oklahoma the
"cost" or the "price" on the registration/title was
only a percentage of the actual cost. I have no idea
exactly how much. Something like 1/2 maybe? That's a
long time ago.>>