fot

RE: New Question - GT6 shocks

To: "'John Kipping '" <johnkipping@inet.net.nz>,
Subject: RE: New Question - GT6 shocks
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 17:14:44 -0700
 Most shocks are as you say--softer in compression than rebound. the only
problem this presents is on rough surfaces, where the repeated compressions
can pump the shock down--unlikely at any race track I care to run.

that said, the big improvement in motorcycle suspension over the last ten
years has been adjustable everything--that let's you tweak for exactly what
you're after. My FJR1200 Yamaha had a little head wallow that I eliminated
with a bit more compression damping. Nice.