fot

RE: #4 Main thrust Bearing Question

To: "'John Kipping'" <johnkipping@inet.net.nz>,
Subject: RE: #4 Main thrust Bearing Question
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 18:32:29 -0700
You can switch bearing caps between engines but it takes a lot of machine
work and is always a little dodgy. You're better off getting the cap
repaired usually. I've toasted thrust bearings before by very stupidly
fitting a master cylinder for the clutch that contained a residual pressure
valve (a lot of wilwoods come with one installed). The constant pressure on
the thrust bearing ruined it in short order.