fot

Re: Copper gaskets

To: "Charly Mitchel" <charly@mitchelplumbing.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Copper gaskets
From: "John Kipping" <johnkipping@inet.net.nz>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 22:08:55 +1200
The (mostly) copper head gasket as fitted to a GT6 Mk I will fit all six
cylinder engines, but obviously it should not be fitted to any recessed
blocks (post 72). As it has smaller head stud holes it is necessary to
remove all the head studs, fit the the gasket in place and then screw all
the studs in. It certainly stops the gasket moving as the head is tightened
down.
John Kipping