fot

RE: Accusump plumbing

To: "R. John Lye" <rjl@gt-classics.com>, Bob Davis <rdavis4@cfl.rr.com>,
Subject: RE: Accusump plumbing
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 13:50:16 -0700
The connection to existing lines never seemed very KISS to me. It's a lot of
plumbing and I hate the thought of check valves in the oil lines. In my
previous life as a nuke, stuck check valves were the bane of my existence,
and the key element in the majority of the accident scenarios. A line
running from the accusump to the gallery not only seems simpler, but also
probably serves to reduce pressure variations at this critical point, since
it's floating on an accumulator. With all that plumbing I'm not sure the
full value is gained.

It certainly is simpler to plumb it that way--that's why accusump provides
that method. But it's not a simpler system.