fot

Re: Problems on the track

To: "Chuck Arnold" <chuck.arnold@oracle.com>, <Fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Problems on the track
From: "Charly Mitchel" <charly@mitchelplumbing.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 13:23:48 -0700
Chuck, I can only help a little on one of your problems.  The loss of water
is probably due to a leak in the head gasket.  I recently bought a kit to
test for combustion gas in the coolant and found it present in my TR6.  I
had a similar problem, but it would fill my quart coolant catch tank and get
the water level low enough to overheat the car.  I changed the head gasket
and used Hylomar sealant.  I think I got the leak fixed now.  Still runs a
bit warm though, next is an aluminum radiator.
Charly