fot

Great weekend

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Great weekend
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 19:13:53 -0700
Had a super time this weekend at the Portland Historics. Great weather, a
bit too hot, but I'm not complaining. Peyote is working spectacularly well.
I would have won the race this afternoon against a fast Healy 3000 (Cameron
Healy's Pooper was third) but a radius rod mount broke on the fourth from
last lap. I guess they're real important in Peyote cause the handling went
to heck and the rear end sounded like it was grinding marbles.

I think if I switch to a 3.7 rear I'll be able to break 1:30 at Portland
with the Chicane. That's my theory. I'm turning a 32.2 now and I have to
lift half way down the back straight, and feather it in the front straight.
I'm pretty sure there's two seconds in there somewhere (or maybe a pony--old
joke).