fot

Re: 72 Triumph spitfire

To: Herald948@aol.com, BillDentin@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 72 Triumph spitfire
From: "Aaron Johnson" <fpspitfire37@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 22:56:32 -0700
I did have an interesting talk with Bob Yarwood on the subject of the large
journal 1296 vs. the small journal 1296.  His opinion and my opinion are
both that for a super reliable strong running motor the large crank is
probably the way to go.  It'll spin to 8K and last...for an all out national
SCCA motor...the small crank is the only thing that can get 9500 from it
without failure.  I've run the large journal motor for 2 years and never had
bearing problems...a bunch of other problems, but nothing related to the
bottom end.

aaron

#38 F-Production Triumph Spitfire Mk4 Oregon Region SCCA
http://www.geocities.com/spitracer9