fot

Re: Nomex underwear sizing

To: "BOB KRAMER" <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Nomex underwear sizing
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 17:14:33 -0500
Good decision.

I wear the tee and shorts -- both cotton -- as a bottom layer too, but
always wore the Nomex longsleeve turtleneck and longjohns under my 2-layer
Nomex suit. That is kinda 4 layers and I have been told by safety experts
that the tee and shorts are not a bad thing -- in the grand scheme of things
maybe worth another second or two -- and it is another air-trapping layer
which also helps. I also wear Nomex socks over cotton socks.

The Nomex undies I have are very stretchy, in marked contrast to the suit
which is not. It's all Nomex thread, but it is how the thread is woven that
makes the difference. Your T-shirt stretches to your body shape more than
your dress shirt does, for example, although both are cotton. Ditto the
Nomex underwear.

My suit fits loosely -- more loosely now than it used to because I had it
let out. The undies I've worn since my previous suit which I cannot get into
any more :-(  They fit snugly, but not tight/uncomfortable. XL will probably
work -- length may be the more critical measurement.

PS - Get the balaclava too, whether or not the rules require it. If Jr. had
worn one, he would not have his neck burns (or they'd be less)

--Rocky Entriken.