fot

No cause for alarm

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: No cause for alarm
From: Henry Frye <henry@henryfrye.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 08:38:04 -0400
Had a fantastic weekend at Grattan, I got to play rent-a-racer trying my
hand on a Formula Vee. It was a humbling experience, I spun the thing in
one weekend more times than I have spun my TR4 in 5 years of racing!  As
Mike Jackson says, there are lessons to be learned from these little cars.
I'm hoping the experience will benefit my lap times in the TR4. However I
have no desire to abandon ship and buy one of these diabolical little Vee's!

In the Group 2 race, congrats to Jeff Snook with a great drive to second
overall. He kept heat on an MGB driver ahead of him most of the race, and
with 2 or 3 laps to go Mr. MGB succumbed to the pressure and went off
track. Tony Drews had a great run as well, to fourth overall.

I really enjoyed the track, I hope to drag the TR4 out there next year!