fot

Moldex Crank, Bearing width, Rods

To: "Friends of Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Moldex Crank, Bearing width, Rods
From: "Dean Tetterton" <Richtr@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 10:12:59 -0400
OK so we build a crank that last and rods that don't break. Now what block are
we going to put it in?
I am seeing a lot of cracked blocks in the webbing between 2 & 3 and radiating
out from the center
main. I think with crank flex, there is block flex and they all take their
toll. IN the dark ages, early
to mid 60's, it was common to limit revs to 6500 and change cranks after every
4 race weekends. When
taken out they usually showed cracks in the 4th rod bearing or rear main. Back
then new cranks were
 around $400 and a lot of those cracked crankshafts were put in street motors
and lasted for years.

So now we all promise to keep our rev's below 6000 and we all have a good
time.....of course when
that 356 is in your mirror that goes out the window.  How about it Henry?
Promise to shift at 6000?

Dean