fot

Re: GT6 Fuel Cell size?

To: billbartlett@WingnutRacing.com
Subject: Re: GT6 Fuel Cell size?
From: William G Rosenbach <wgrosenbach@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 21:34:58 -0600
Bill,

If you already have a cell, if it is in good shape, well installed, and
not taking up space you must have for something you can't live without,
why spend money that could go to something of use?
You need not top it up for every session and if you need the capacity for
a long session, you'll already have it.

If you are required to fit a new cell or the current one has a problem, 8
gal. is 2/3 the stock capacity and should keep you on track for most
sessions. Can be fit into the car without hanging down to the track
surface.

Drive fast. Take chances,
Bill
70 GT-6+

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 15:51:01 -0400 "Bill Bartlett"
<billbartlett@WingnutRacing.com> writes:
> I am rebuilding a GT6 - hopefully in time for the MG/TR challenge at
> the
> Mitty.
> The current fuel cell in it is 15 gallons but this seems excessive.
> Yes it
> is nice to have the weight in the a@@ to balance the heavy nose but
> I would
> like to lighten the car. I do like to do the 1 hour enduros, and
> even the
> 1.5 hour ones, but as long as I can run for an hour with out
> refueling I
> think that is ok. Do any of you have a feel for what size cell I
> should
> install. I have not raced this car before so I am not sure what the
> gpm is.
> Thanks for the help
> Bill

Now includes pop-up blocker!