fot

Tow Vehicle(?) For Sale

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Tow Vehicle(?) For Sale
From: "John Herrera" <jrherrera90@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 13:44:00 -0400
Amici:

I have a 1950 GMC Service Station Truck on Static Display in my backyard.
It's a half-ton pickup with a 2-ton rated hand-crank Weaver Auto Crane in
the bed. The Weaver Auto Crane dates from the 20s. I bought the truck on
impulse. Maybe I was trying to recall my youth when I had a Farm Use Only
1940 Chevy pickup. Maybe I had a crazy idea to tow the TR3 with it. I got
permission from Burt Levy to paint Finzio's Sinclair on the doors, but never
did it.

Anyway, I need some dough and the GMC is the first vehicle to sell. I
haven't run it in years, and when I ran it last, it burned so much oil you
have to clean the plugs to get it to start. The brakes don't work so well
either. But it has CHARACTER. It has a visor. It has Yosemite Sam "Back Off"
mudflaps. You get the point; I fell in love with it.

I thought I would offer it up to the FoT list because some of you have ideas
of turning Neat Old Trucks into tow vehicles. I have some photos. Contact me
off list if you're interested.

John Herrera