fot

RE: 50 series tires-cages

To: "'William G Rosenbach'" <wgrosenbach@juno.com>, BillDentin@aol.com
Subject: RE: 50 series tires-cages
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 17:03:53 -0700
Don't misunderstand my posting--every car I use on a track has a very good
cage. I just believe in doing everything I can to hide them, or make them
look good. I see a few cars on the track with high, spindly single
squared-off bars that simply look dorky and couldn't work very well in a
rollover. I also see a few cars with cages that look like they belong on
World of Outlaws car with a huge wing bolted to them. I think you can build
a great cage that stiffens your frame and provides a safer experience
without it looking like and arcane shower system.

You're absolutely right about these cars going faster, and the unrealistic
expectation of safety that we sometimes have. I'm stripping Peyote to the
bare frame this winter and checking everything. I know very well that I
could get killed doing this.