fot

RE: owner of TRIXIE

To: "'BillDentin@aol.com'" <BillDentin@aol.com>, gasket.works@verizon.net,
Subject: RE: owner of TRIXIE
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 08:16:27 -0700
You read my mind Billy.

More seriously, it depends on what you want to do. You can probably get the
car running and driving for not much money or effort--just fix everything
that's not working. Dump the oil and gas (all--including trans and rear end)
and replace it all, replace the filter, turn the motor over by hand at least
one revolution. Then pull the distributor and use a drive shaft to spin the
oil pump until you get oil pressure. Then immediately use the electric start
to spin the motor. Do this a few times and you can replace the distributor
and try starting it.

Most likely you'll need to clean the carbs to actually start the thing.

If you're going to seriously use the car, or race it, then you need a nut
and bolt teardown, magnaflux everything that can hurt you if it breaks.