fot

RE: Loosing a wheel

To: "'Joe Boruch'" <jaboruch@netzero.net>, <triumph_marx@freenet.de>
Subject: RE: Loosing a wheel
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 16:16:59 -0700
Sounds like a similar situation that happened to my boss back in the
late 60's.  He was racing a Spit down in College Station, Texas and had
some nice solid disk aluminum wheels.  The problem was that the puny
studs were not long enough nor large enough in diameter to hold the
wheel on in the high banked turns there.  The left rear wheel came off
but luckily managed to stay up under the fender well until he could
drift down to the infield.

We later replaced all the lugs on the entire car.

Joe (C)