fot

results from the St. Louis Double regional

To: fot@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: results from the St. Louis Double regional
From: fpspitfire@insightbb.com
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 01:49:18 +0000
Well the weekend is over...thankfully.
Weather was nice. The track was nice. Too bad I forgot to pack my brain into
the truck.

1st lap of the first qualifying session I went from 4th gear to 1st gear and
with the stock 1500 motor....it was a game over. We spent the rest of the day
dropping the pan and replacing the rod bearings.

This was all for not as the repairs didn't even last a lap. this time it must
have been left overs from whatever we didn't spot on saturday.

i've never heard a motor make this much noise without actually blowing up.

Frank Axelrod was a repairing the gearbox when I showed up. That was all for
not as well. During the first qualifying session he broke a camshaft and that
put a hole in the side of the block larger than any i've seen before. This
catastrophe was followed by fire, smoke and a huge mess.

Overall...just a bad weekend.

aaron

--
All the best
Aaron Johnson
#38 FP Spitfire Mk4 Southern Illinois Region SCCA
http://www.geocities.com/spitracer9