fot

TR6 half shaft spline coatings?

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 half shaft spline coatings?
From: "BOB KRAMER" <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 13:16:19 -0600
Has anyone experimented with getting the splines on the half shafts coated
with something slippery like Teflon? I would think that it would help
eliminate the binding and even take away some of the slop on older axles.

I successfully separated 3 TR6 hubs this morning with the help of the hub
puller that was produced by a list member a few years ago. It's the first time
I've used it and if the seller is listening, thank you. I needed a helper to
stabilize the unit on my shaky vise/workbench, but nothing a couple of guys
with 5 foot pipes couldn't handle.

Bob Kramer
rkramer3@austin.rr.com