fot

Diff Woes

To: fot@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Diff Woes
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 17:25:44 -0800
I'm trying to pull my differential from the housing. In the past I've been
able to do this without the factory spreader--it just takes some wiggling
and patience. But this time it won't come out. I suspect that when Mr.
Yarwood stuck my new LSD in he shimmed it tighter than I usually do. I made
a homemade spreader and tried that, but no go. All I can get it to do is
shift a tiny bit, and that after I looped a cable behind the diff and set up
a lever contraption to put a mighty tug on it. Any ideas?