fot

Re: Triumph Related, Second Science Project.

To: WEmery7451@aol.com
Subject: Re: Triumph Related, Second Science Project.
From: alfetta95@optonline.net
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 12:27:50 -0500
Hi Bill,

Try Moroso wheel studs.  They may have 4" long by 1/2".  Attached is a link for
studs.  I see a stud on the list that is 4 11/32" long but may not work.  Item
# 46140. I bought studs for the ITB Alfa from this guy,  but only 3" long.
Grade 8 bolts can work, just drop a tack weld on the back to prevent the stud
from turning.  Have you considered different wheel offsets?  You may be able to
achieve your maximum track with a slightly different offset.  Kosei make wheels
with different offsets and come as a blank.  You would have to have the stud
holes drilled out by a machine shop.  You have to ask for the blanks as they
don't advertise.

Why did you choose to run a flex pipe thru the chassis?  Why not a straight
pipe?  My father welded a 3" pipe thru the cross member.  You knew my father,
did he have too many Black Label Beers when he did this?  Or is the flex pipe a
modern design that works better?

Todd Redmond