fot

Re: Wanted Oil Cooler Adapter Plate for TR4A engine

To: "Gerald M Van Vlack" <jerryvv@alltel.net>, "FOT"
Subject: Re: Wanted Oil Cooler Adapter Plate for TR4A engine
From: Henry Frye <henry@henryfrye.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 22:50:01 -0500
At 11:45 AM 12/12/2004 -0500, Gerald M Van Vlack wrote:

>I'm also
>looking for a Thermostatic inline valve as well.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the oil cooler adapter plates on my shelf
divert ALL the oil flow from the pump, putting the total volume and
pressure of
the pump through the oil cooler, (and filter if remote) before the pressure
relief valve. A thermostat in that line will block all oil pressure when
closed. Not a good thing.

Jerry, I suggest if you need to drive the car when it is that cold out you
block
the air flow through the oil cooler, and forget the thermostat oil valve.