fot

Re: factory workshop manual

To: <fpspitfire@insightbb.com>, <fot@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: factory workshop manual
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 13:52:06 -0600
Having bumped into a similar question in another forum (Solo II), it
*likely* works like this:

The factory manual is the only official document.

The Bentley is not factory, hence not official, but usually acceptable to
resolve a tech question. The caveat is that if someone produces an actual
factory manual and it reads differently from the Bentley, the factory manual
will prevail.

And FWIW, I own two copies of the Spitfire factory manual for my car, and
they are NOT the same! The other day I needed to refer to it for something
on distributor installation and the reference I knew existed was not in the
one on my workbench. Had to get the one I keep in the tow van to find the
reference. :-\

--Rocky Entriken