fot

Re: Long Connecting Rods

To: fot@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Long Connecting Rods
From: joe dirt <oldskooling@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 18:49:55 -0800 (PST)
I didn't have any beers last night. That cold medicine may have hindered my
ability to think a little ;). Besides I'm not even old enough to drink. I wrote
that email wrong anyway. It is known that you should run the longest connecting
rod that you can in an engine. Dick is building a new motor and brought up
longer rods in the engine. We know the power gain would be minimal and more
power can be had for a lot less money elsewhere. Just curious to see if anyone
had some approximate numbers for something like that (around 10% is not worth
it in vintage racing for the price). It's obvious the cost would be worth it on
an engine making a lot of power (V-8) or even if they are looking for every
last ounce of power out of any engine. This is vintage racing though so there
is nothing to gain or lose by winning and losing and every little bit doesn't
really matter thought there are quite a few exceptions.

-Bob Adams