fot

RE: TR4 modern V-belt conversion?

To: "'CAMERON PUTSCH '" <putsch.1@osu.edu>,
Subject: RE: TR4 modern V-belt conversion?
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 22:29:47 -0800
 Oops, looks like Ohio. Never mind.

the speedo drive is on the transmission. I can't imagine using a used
cable--thet're not expensive and even the new ones can give your speedo the
hiccups. Lube it well with moly grease.

Any speedo is going to be off after you change stuff on your car. tires
alone will give a substantial difference. You'll need to calibrate it over a
measured mile or next to a car you think is reasonably accurate and then
decide if it's worth the fuss to have a speedo shop adjust it. Generally
they won't open it up, they'll just add an adapter that gears it slightly up
or down.

Ken Gillanders has a nice setup for converting the belts and adding a
harmonic balancer--he'll probably answer your post when he gets around to
reading your email. His company is British Frame and Engine. They make good
stuff. He also has better water pump units.