fot

Re: TR6 flywheel question

To: "EDWARD BARNARD" <edwardbarnard@prodigy.net>, "FOT"
Subject: Re: TR6 flywheel question
From: "Charly Mitchel" <charly@mitchelplumbing.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 07:00:16 -0800
Ed, there is a difference between the older crank and flywheel and the later
crank and flywheel.  The older is a longer snout and the flywheel is more
dished and lighter.  You can't mix the components without doing some major
work to the clutch/transmission.
Do not mix the pilot bushings!  I imagine the longer one could be cut to fit
the later crank, but why?  Just get the right one. They both fit in the same
way and I wouldn't want to take a chance of the shorter one not holding the
input shaft properly.  We've heard of guys developing transmission leaks
after they didn't replace the pilot bearing with a rebuild or even a clutch
job.
Easy to do right now, pain to do later.
Charly