fot

FoT Project: Vintage Velocity Stacks for 1.75s (then 1.50s,

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: FoT Project: Vintage Velocity Stacks for 1.75s (then 1.50s,
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 18:02:46 EST
Friends....it appears as though there is sufficient interest in another
production run of 1.75 high performance vintage velocity stacks for SUs and
Strombergs. If you have an interest, please submit your name as a 'possible',
so we
can guess at a quantity.

I can provide a digital picture and a little more background on the heritage
of these horns, if you are interested.

We need to get new quotes for Metal Spinning, Laser Cutting, and Tig Welding.
Jack Drews and Sean Alexander already have the metal spinning tooling and the
laser programs, so lead time will be short once we release the orders.

A longer lead item will be the 1.50s velocity stacks.  We need to do a survey
of what interest there is for these, before we make a decision to proceed
with tooling procurement and computer programming for the laser operation.

Important Note:  There is some historical feedback that 1.50s in this
configuration performed quite well on the dyno with GT6 engines.

Could they be used on Spitfires, Midgets, MGAs, etc?  We need to know this
and hoping that our MG counterparts will jump in and help us out there, too.
(Mark Palmer, where are you?)

Thanks everyone.

Jack, Joe & Sean