fot

oils

To: <fot@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: oils
From: "Charly Mitchel" <charly@mitchelplumbing.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 10:19:35 -0800
Hey guys and gals,
We probably already had a discussion about this topic, but I'm kinda forgetful
of these things.  What is the best oil to run in my TR6 transmission w/ J-type
OD?  This is in a race car and I want an oil that will take the higher temps
and provide good lubrication for the brass synchros.  I'd also like it to give
fairly quick and sharp engagement of the OD.
I'm also getting ready to assemble a differential unit with a Quaife lsd and
4:10 gears.  What would be the recommended lubricant for that set-up.  Again I
really need something to handle the extra heat also.
Thanks for any input.
Charly Mitchel