fot

MiniLite-Style Wheels

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: MiniLite-Style Wheels
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 15:07:25 EST
Last year after getting blown off by the current importer of Panasports, I
heard of Compomotive wheels manufactured in Britain. Bought a set of 15x5.5
inch
wheels for my MGA, with which I've been VERY pleased -- they're manufactured
to FIVA rally specs, so they have steel inserts in the lug holes and a rim
that can handle up to 100 miles at 60 miles an hour after the tire blows
without
deforming. Don't know what the prices are now, but racers do get a discount --
I know I paid less than $200 a wheel. Check www.USACOMP.com, then call the
guys. Real nice folks -- no commercial interest, blah, blah.
Cheers
Gary Anderson

(Political PS - delete if annoying: Don't blame the oil cartel for the weak
U.S. dollar. Blame the current president whose policies have run up the trade
and federal deficits to record levels, and whose proposed social security (read
Wall Street Employment Act) changes would add another couple trillion to the
problem.)