fot

Re: Cryogenic Treatment

To: Susan Kahler <spitfiresuz@141.com>, fot@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Cryogenic Treatment
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 09:16:43 -0600
At 09:40 PM 1/30/2005, Susan Kahler wrote:
>Hi all!
>
>So Brad and I move to a tiny Arkansas township.  Four wheelers, deer
>hunters and sweet tea.  Gotta love it, but it's no metroplex.  One of the
>funniest things for our Triumph racing selves, though, is that we moved to
>a property not two miles from one of the few (and Arkansas' only)
>cryogenic treatment businesses!  It is a little shop run by a gentleman
>named Mike Pate.
>
>This is one thing we were skeptical of.  I mean, so you superfreeze it,
>temper it, and it is now SuperEngine?
>Okay, so we learned about cryo treating. ................

I've had a really good experience with the process.

I, too, thought that it was probably snake oil. However, when I
disassembled my brakes during the process of tracking down the problem with
front spindles, I found that my one year old Brembo brake rotors were .010
out of flat.

I purchased new rotors and had them cryo treated. They have been in the car
for two years, they have not warped, they have not scored like the previous
ones, and you don't have to believe this, but I'm getting twice the life
from my brake pads.

This Fall I visited the PRI show in Indianapolis, found a cryo company, and
talked to the expert. He again told me that they still aren't sure they
know why it works, but it does.