fot

RE: Commercial message - aluminum flywheels

To: fot@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Commercial message - aluminum flywheels
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 16:24:47 -0800
I really like the steel Cambridge units. They are NOT made from old stock
ones whittled down. They are made from EN16 plate. I've had too many
failures of aluminum ones--fretting and working their bolts loose. I don't
like anything about the stock ones--the steel is weird. I know any of the
three can be made to work, I'm just not willing to try again.  Cutting your
bell housing off at 135 MPH and dropping a $2500 transmission nose first
onto the track gets expensive.