fot

RE: Distributor Rebuild

To: "'Chuck Arnold'" <chuck.arnold@oracle.com>, 6pack@Autox.Team.Net,
Subject: RE: Distributor Rebuild
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 08:13:09 -0800
Chuck--where the heck are you racing? Sovern doesn't require that (or if
they do, it's a new requirement), HMSA doesn't, CSRG doesn't, even General
Racing doesn't.

I'd recheck that requirement. After many frustrations with trying to be
"original" at least in appearance, I've finally had enough of Lucas
distributors. I did everything you could think of, including two new
distributors, better bushes, harder shafts, Pertronix units, etc. Still had
misses and scatter. Second to last SOVREN race Tony Garmey lent me the
Mallory from his Devin after they had to park it. Ran perfectly. Lucas
distributors are bad in so many ways. Last year I planned to build a
catapult--a Lucas launcher--just to treat these POS distributors in the
manner that they should be.

Other than that I have no opinion.

If you insist on using them, contact Bob Yarwood. He is afflicted with the
belief that they can be made to work and are simply "Propah".