fot

SU Needles!!??

To: "fot@Autox.Team.Net" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: SU Needles!!??
From: CAMERON PUTSCH <putsch.1@osu.edu>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 20:09:03 -0500
Hey guys,

   I am in the process of sorting the Devin need help finding the right needle
for my 1.75 SU's. This car is completely fresh. At the time being, the carbs
are untouched and have the standard "SM" needles in them. I understand how
these carbs work, but would like to know what some of you racers may be running
or would suggest as a starting point.

  Everything about the car is adjusted and correct. However it is undrivable
with these needles. In 3rd or 4th gear it can't take but a tiny bit of throttle
and will break up at 4 grand unless you baby it. If you adjust it too rich at
idle it is a bit better under power, but is obviously no good. I looked at the
profiles for the standard rich needles "RH" and I guess it would be a good
start, but I am sure someone out there might get me closer.

   The car probally weighs 1500-1800 lbs. It has a well built TR3 engine with
(I apologize, but the records are not infront of me) 12.5 to 1 compresion and I
would say an average race cam.

Thanks guys, I apreciate the help.

Casey