fot

Re: will anyone lend or rent SU needles? and thanks to all

To: <fot@autox.team.net>, "CAMERON PUTSCH" <putsch.1@osu.edu>
Subject: Re: will anyone lend or rent SU needles? and thanks to all
From: "Charly Mitchel" <charly@mitchelplumbing.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 12:35:04 -0800
Cameron, I had a similar problem when trying to find the right size needle
for my TR6.  I got a hold of the SU and the Stromberg manual and there is
alot of information about the needles in the back of the book.. It shows the
different diameters measured at equal spacing on the needle, I think about
1/8".
I then picked a needle I thought might be close and turned the needle down
to the size I wanted.  I always started larger and If I didn't like it could
keep going smaller.  This makes it easy to customize the needle for your
particular application.  This allowed me to get used or garbage needles and
would reshape them and they'd be like new.  This is also explained in detail
in the book.
Good luck, Charly Mitchel
http://www.mitchelplumbing.com/racing%20page.htm