fot

TR4 Question

To: FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 Question
From: "Gary Horstkorta" <horsty@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 19:19:54 -0800
Hello:

I'm in the "tear everything apart" mode of the TR renovation and have a
question for the group.  In order to repair the many dings and dents in the
lower, front valance (ie, air dam) of the TR body, I would like to remove
it.  However, after I have encountered an unexpected problem.  I have
removed the grill, lights, screws, bolts and other items so that the lower
and upper valance are ready for removal.  I have discovered that the lower
valance is welded to the upper valance but it looks like the whole assembly
should come out as one piece.

Unfortunately, the upper corners of the upper valance won't budge and appear
to be welded(?) to the inside of the fender.  Is this the case or has father
time just caused the surfaces to become attached to each other?  Any
suggestions on how to remove both pieces?  Thanks.

Gary
1963 TR4