fot

Group 44 Racecar For Sale

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Group 44 Racecar For Sale
From: Group44TR7@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 13:33:42 EST
Paul Brand is a name familiar to a few of you, but for those of you who do
not know he was the director of publicity of Group 44 in the mid 1970s. When
the
national championship winning Group 44 MGB became available, Paul purchased
it for his personal use. He later won a national SCCA championship with the
same car - apparently a day after MGB factory production was officially stopped.

The car was restored the car to museum quality a couple of years ago. He has
a hoard of rare factory competition parts that will accompany the car. I have
included the email note that Paul sent to me about the car below and am
willing to forward his narrative about the car referrred to in his note below
on a
second email. Since it is rather lengthy, I am not sure its going to work. If
it does not and you are sincerely interested in purchasing the car, I will
forward it on individually...Cary

The following is copied from directly from Paul's email to me:

Thanks for your note, Cary, and I sure enjoyed our conversation the other
day.  It took me back to a very happy time in my life, and opened the doors to
many wonderful experiences!

I've attached a history of the Group 44, Inc. MGB that I prepared a couple of
years ago.  I don't know about 'short', but it does cover the complete
history of the car.  I appreciate your willingness to share this with your
group of
'british racecar guys'.

In addition to the MGB, which is completely restored and ready to go, I have
all the factory spares - including the Group 44 and Huffaker engines, two
complete close-ratio transmission and a third close-ratio gear set in parts,
spare
diff's, the origianl Group 44/American Racing rain wheels and tires, air
dams, spoilers...and a healthy inventory of parts.

My asking price for the complete package is $60K, but of course I'm always
willing to talk.

I'll keep an eye out for any TR-7 stuff I might come across.

Again Cary, thanks very much,

Paul
612-282-4815