fot

Re: GT6 front uprights?

To: <Gt6steve@aol.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: GT6 front uprights?
From: "John Kipping" <johnkipping@inet.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:52:20 +1300
I am almost certain the GT6 uprights go like this. Forged in Turkey,
machined in Coventry - UK. At one time a company in Turkey called Otosan
made a vehicle called the Anodal which used Triumph front suspension hence
forging tools ended up there, however the thread machining in Turkey wasn't
very good (sloppy trunnions) so it was relocated to a machine shop in
Coventry who do a lot of work for Unipart etc (and supply Spitfire type
links to Caterham for the Seven). So wherever you buy the uprights they will
all be the same.
John Kipping