fot

ring gear dimensions

To: FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: ring gear dimensions
From: "David Wingett" <elkhorn@core.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 10:38:45 -0500
  All right guys, maybe someone has the knowledge to help sort this
out.
      My daughter asked if I could think of a project for her 5th year
seniour eng. project at Western Mich.   "OF COURSE I CAN!!"  How about
a flywheel with a 5.5" Tilton clutch for the TR6?
      A button clutch /flywheel with a flex plate was ruled out at
present.  A flywheel with an integraded ring gear is first up.

   This can be cut with a EDM mech. that dose wire cutting.  I'm now
looking for some info.  on the ring gear.

      Known:  117 teeth
              11.83"  O.D.
              11.475  root dia.

    unknown:  1) presure angle,  this is a standard at eather 14.5 or
20 degrees.   Any idea which?
               2) Diametral Pitch,  10 DP is very close but could be
something else.  I was told that this pitch can be of some fraction.
              Using these #'s in the equations it comes out close but
not the Dia. I've measured.  ( -.05 dif., 11.78" OD, 11.425" R.D )

    More Questions: 3) Does anyone already have the ring gear
dimensions?
                4) Is the ring gear a Stub gear or a standard involute
gear?
               Any help would be greatly appreciated.
               David Wingett

--